What is People Analytics?
People analytics is a process of using data and analytics to understand and improve how an organization recruits, retains, and develops employees. It can encompass everything from analyzing employee satisfaction surveys to studying employee exit data in order to identify patterns and trends. People analytics can help organizations identify areas where they may need to make changes in order to improve employee engagement and performance.
What are the benefits of People Analytics?
People analytics is the practice of analyzing data to understand and improve employee performance. The benefits of people analytics include:
- Increased Efficiency – People analytics can help organizations identify inefficiencies in their workforce and make changes that improve overall efficiency.
- Improved Decision Making – People analytics can help managers make better decisions about things like hiring, promotions, and layoffs by providing them with data-driven insights about employee performance.
- Enhanced Employee Engagement – People analytics can help organizations identify areas where employees are not engaged and take steps to improve their engagement.
- Greater Workforce Transparency – People analytics can help organizations make data-driven decisions about hiring, firing, and promotions, which can lead to a more transparent and fair workplace.
- Better Understanding of Employee Behavior – People analytics can help organizations understand why employees behave the way they do, which can help managers better manage their teams.
How do you build a People Analytics system?
A People Analytics system can be built in a number of ways, but the most important aspect is to ensure that the system is able to capture the right data. The system should include a way to track employee engagement, performance, and turnover. Additionally, it is important to track demographic data such as age, gender, and race in order to identify any potential diversity issues. The system should also include a way to track employee satisfaction and sentiment. This data can be used to identify areas where the company may need to make changes in order to improve employee satisfaction and engagement.
Stay one step ahead.
Be the first to hear about tips, tricks and data-driven best practices for HR professionals.